School Nutrition

2023-2024 School Year

School meals will be available to students at no charge this year, regardless of household income.

RSU 64 participates in Special Provision II of the National School Lunch Program.  This alternative is referred to as Provision II.  All students enrolled in RSU 64 schools may participate in the School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program at no charge.  Household applications are were required in the base year of participation under Provision II, however will not be required in subsequent years. The base year for RSU 64 was 2022-2023.

Please note that forms similar to applications may be distributed by the school to collect household income data for other programs that require this information, such as Federal Title programs.

For additional information please contact Luanne Speed, Food Service Manager at 285-0325.

Our schools offers healthy meals every school day. Meals meet nutrition standards established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. If a child has a disability, as determined by a licensed medical authority, and the disability prevents the child from eating the regular school meal, substitutions may be made as prescribed by a licensed medical authority. If a substitution is needed, there will be no extra charge for the meal. Please note, however, that the school is not required to make a substitution, unless it meets the definition of disability and supported by a complete medical statement form signed by the local medical authority.

Free Summer Meals Program

To find a Summer Food Service Program site near you, please visit:

SUN Bucks

SUN Bucks, sometimes called Summer EBT, is a new federal program that helps families who qualify to buy groceries during the summer months using a debit-like EBT Card. To get SUN Bucks, each child must meet criteria set by the USDA. Some kids will automatically qualify, while others can apply. Children must individually qualify during the school year before the summer starts or they can apply over the summer. Each student that qualifies will receive one payment of $120 in benefits for the summer period.

For more information, please visit:

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

(1)      mail:

            U.S. Department of Agriculture

            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

            1400 Independence Avenue, SW

            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

(2)      fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

(3)      email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider

The Maine Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry or national origin.

Complaints of discrimination must be filed at the office of the Maine Human Rights Commission, 51 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0051. If you wish to file a discrimination complaint electronically, visit the Human Rights Commission website at and complete an intake questionnaire. Maine is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

(Federal Statement Revised 5/2022)